The information and steps below are for ID Fraud Victims who have had their SSN or any other identifiers compromised.
- Visit the Federal Trade Commission’s Identity Theft website for more information on ID Theft, next steps to take, and to file a report.
- File a report with the Summit County Sheriff’s Office: (330) 643-2181.
- Get a copy of the Report from Summit County Records & ID (330) 643-2141. This takes approximately 1 week.
- Visit National Consumer Telecom & Utilities Exchange website. They will provide credit history information to utility companies, cell phone companies and other similar services. You can also request a Credit Freeze, which will lock your credit history with all four credit bureaus: Experian, Equifax, TransUnion, and Innovis.
You can obtain copies of your Credit Report in addition to the Credit Freeze from the following Bureaus:
- Innovis (800) 540-2502
- Transunion (800) 680-7289
- Equifax (888) 766-0008
- Experian (888) 397-3742
If you are notified that you’re a victim of Ohio Unemployment Fraud, you must dispute this within two weeks with your employer. It is your responsibility to report unemployment fraud with the State of Ohio.
There are no-report businesses that do not check a person’s credit history. Some examples of these are Payday Loan and Cash Advance businesses, and Buy Here/Pay Here car sales lots. These types of businesses would notify you if a loan that is in your name became delinquent for more than 60 days and a collection notice would be sent to you. If you suspect you are the victim of a fraudulent loan, contact the business and provide them with the original Sheriff’s Record and Report and the date you obtained a credit freeze on your accounts. All fraudulent accounts/activities must be disputed by the victim, or the financial institutions will continue to hold them financially responsible for the debt.
Bank Account Fraud
Victims who have had bank accounts opened fraudulently in their name or are concerned about this happening can lock their identity similar to a credit freeze by contacting Chexsystems at (800) 428-9623 or www.chexsystems.com.